It is currently Sat 20. Apr 2024 1:33:41

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 24. May 2020 12:48:03 

yufasa wrote:
... so I am looking to get a newer model Jeti and will sell the DS-14 —and that is why I am waiting on this announcement :)...

really curious to read your report (hopefully soon)... as i am myself looking around for a new Tx/system in the moment, the combination Spirit & Jeti is the 2nd serious candidate for me. as i'd like to have a high level of integration, VBCT of course being the other one. in general i really like the light DS12 concept very much and with some software upgrades it should fulfil all our needs at its best. i really want to avoid all this cabling and compatibility issues with different Tx/Rx/TM modules etc. today we are using 2 iX12s (my wife and myself), we need good trainer/student support for a bunch of helis and some HH stuff (Hor.Hobby planks, drones, etc) used for students. every heli (except Spirit 2/4649T) is equipped with NEO/AR7700/TM1000/j-log... working great but too much cabling. no SRXL2 support from Mikado. so this is a dead-end road.

to go with VBCT will force a lot of changes or keeping additional Spektrum Tx... even - at least for me - it is for sure the best system for helis. all NEOs to be upgraded to VLink.

with the Jeti i'll just have the need for some Rex 3 RXs to attach to the Spirit 2 and all the NEOs and throw out all the other stuff. plus a Spektrum TX module (or maybe 2) for the HH toys. future models with Spirit RS (maybe even current ones to be upgraded;))

PostPosted: Sun 24. May 2020 13:48:23 

I just need to get my hands on a Rex 3 and I can make another video using my DS-14, Spirit2. I just missed a bunch going on sale on Helifreak...bummed as now I will have to pay full price...

PostPosted: Sun 24. May 2020 16:27:40 

It’s already been mentioned before but: An R3 receiver is all that is needed to control the Spirit or any other FBL that can use EXBus.

The REX series is a better option only when there’s a need for additional sensors or ESC’s that also use EXBus... such as the Scorpion Tribunus or UnisenseE sensor. But since the Spirit FBL already talks to most popular ESC’s anyway, the simple solution is the FBL integration.

As for FrSky vs Jeti... it’s like comparing apples and oranges or Ferrari vs Ford. Each of use has our own personal experience and opinions on which is the Ferrari. Jeti is still by far the most intuitive and simple to setup open system without any need for a PC... for a closed system VBar and Vbar Control Touch so long as you have an account and wish to setup over air updates. FrSky is a truly geek radio with virtually unlimited potential but not possible to setup out of the box without the aid of the PC if you use OpenTX, which in it’s own right has a huge benefit of emulating the radio programming.

Spirit2 FBL with Jeti receiver built in is definitely a home run for the Jeti guys and am looking forward to giving it a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun 24. May 2020 18:36:53 

Hi HeliMLM,

Jeti is a perfect choice, given its programmability, quality and Spirit integration. I have been using Jeti for over five years and there is practically nothing you cannot do with Jeti equipment. However, I want to point out one thing that you need to be aware of. You said that "we need good trainer/student support for a bunch of helis and some HH stuff". It is my understanding that you can use the DS-12 as a Student transmitter for a wireless Instructor/Student setup, but it does not support use as a wireless Instructor transmitter. You need one of the other Jeti transmitters that have two RF modules for the Instructor, if you are connecting the transmitters wirelessly. I do not know if you can connect two DS-12s with a cable for Instructor/Student use. The manual only talks about using the DS-12 for the Instructor and a non-Jeti transmitter for the Student, with a PPM cable connection. In other words, you could use your Spektrum transmitter for the Student with the DS-12 for the Instructor.

I have been teaching a Student wirelessly using two DS-16s, and this has been working perfectly. The Student has access to Stabilisation and Rescue while flying with his transmitter, and with the Jeti programming, I can take control anytime by moving any stick or hitting Rescue.

PostPosted: Mon 25. May 2020 1:57:31 

I have 2 DS12s that I moved to from DS16s. Out of the box you can use a cable between the 2 for trainer function. You can also make a wireless interface using a Jeti receiver that plugs into the trainer port on the master radio.

PostPosted: Mon 25. May 2020 3:40:44 

Thanks Eury for pointing that out. The Instructor/Student programming between two Jeti transmitters (DS-16s in my case) has been working very well in my case. It is great that you can use two DS-12s.

PostPosted: Mon 25. May 2020 6:05:09 

many thx for this informations Frank & Eury... highly appreciated! i've already read some informations in the manual and it was not fully clear to me - now it is!

PostPosted: Mon 25. May 2020 17:07:22 

HeliMLM wrote:
many thx for this informations Frank & Eury... highly appreciated! i've already read some informations in the manual and it was not fully clear to me - now it is!

Yes, the manual is not clear about this, but the DS-12 has a PPM Input/Output jack, which should be all that you need to connect two DS-12s for training purposes. This is one thing you must get use to with Jeti radios, the Jeti radio is capable of much more than you could ever document in one manual. The best training is to be familiar with the manual, and then experiment, ask questions on the Jeti forums and watch the basic Jeti programming videos that exist.

PostPosted: Fri 29. May 2020 14:12:07 

Now that 3.1 is out I expect we will see movement on the Radio? Price and availability?

PostPosted: Fri 29. May 2020 14:18:15 
Site Admin

Availability from next week for EU customers.
For US customers probably in 3-4 weeks.