It is currently Mon 13. May 2024 23:03:15

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 14. Apr 2020 14:30:40 

Thanks for your quick reply. I understand my mounting positions are correct.

I am still confused about the settings in geolink but I think I found my mistake.

When installing the geolink I first put it on a horizontal plane (table) and click the button "set temporarily zero". Then the geolink is installed in the heli (on the boom which is inclined with respect to the table). And when checked after installation I read x-compensation and y-compensation angles different from zero. These values are set automatically and cannot be altered bij the user. So I assume that they are the result of the installation of the geolink in my heli where the boom is inclined with respect to the horizontal.

BUT: my mistake is probably that at installation I should have put the geolink on a surface of the heli which is orthogonal to the main shaft (for example the top of the motor) and not on the table.

To be perfectly clear: if I install the geolink module orthogonal to the main shaft (parallel to the blades) should I read in the geolink settings x-compensation and y-compensation both zero?

thanks for your patience.

Jo

thanks again

Jo

PostPosted: Tue 14. Apr 2020 15:05:56 
Site Admin

You are welcome.

GeoLink is also sensing angles with respect to ground. So if model is inclined, it will show you in X axis a non zero angle - in your case it might be around 5°.
And this is correct.

Button "set temporarily zero" will not change any behavior - it is only for measurement purposes.

So if your model has boom, you can't do anything regarding X axis for GeoLink, because boom is usually perfectly parallel with rotor blades. So only Y axis might be issue, which you can correct easily.

PostPosted: Tue 14. Apr 2020 15:26:05 

Hello

I have the same problem!
the helicopter (µSpirit) is standing straight, I pressed CTRL+ALT+U (this process was successful)
when pressing the button Rescue the swashplate tilts forward.
he does fly normally, but when press Rescue, it goes forward strongly 45° or more.

there is also a mistake (Bug)
the Pirouette consistency in the Software is adjustable from 50 - 250
but not in the remote control there is only 130 - 250 possible

PS. The new integration for Jeti is awesome
Thanks a lot for this

PostPosted: Tue 14. Apr 2020 15:30:41 
Site Admin

Hello,

could you attach your settings please?

Please note, CTRL+ALT+U can be pressed only when unit is parallel with horizont/ground. So that LED opening/labels are at the top.
It is ideal to remove unit from the model if you are unsure about model mounting position inclination and put it at your table for the Accelerometer calibration process.

PostPosted: Tue 14. Apr 2020 15:32:55 

Hello,

I did that what you suggested and puted an electronic leverler on the FBL and adjusted the heli (nick and roll direction) so that the FBL itself was leveled -
I tested it and the swashplate in normal flight modes are leveled - If I hit then the rescue button I get the same behavior as before nick down in front direction and roll to the right, so nothing changes - In this case I woud get an "false" rescue -
So what shall I do ?

Best Regards
Mattes

PostPosted: Tue 14. Apr 2020 16:10:16 
Site Admin

Please make sure unit has labels at the top when doing accelerometer calibration. Otherwise calibration will have no effect or can make it even worse.
There are few units that will require this calibration as the new rescue is utilizing sensor to the full extent. While old rescue was not using it this way.

PostPosted: Tue 14. Apr 2020 16:36:52 

Hi

Does the new firmware affect coax mode? Is it save to take off and land in coax mode?

many thanks

PostPosted: Tue 14. Apr 2020 16:48:21 

May be interesting to note that the behavior of rescue (nick down and roll to the right) is also what I observe in coax mode.

PostPosted: Tue 14. Apr 2020 17:17:39 
Site Admin

Yes, it is safe to land and take off with coaxial mode. All stabi modes are affected by this new update.
But same as for rescue- swashplate should be horizontal when unit itself is horizontal when this mode is engaged.

PostPosted: Tue 14. Apr 2020 17:26:15 

What unit are you using?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next