It is currently Fri 19. Apr 2024 23:43:40

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Rescue question?
PostPosted: Sun 16. Feb 2020 20:00:12 

In normal rescue mode, when I hit rescue when the heli is inverted, it does not climb out but merely hovers at the same altitude before recovering. I find this to be rather nerve wrecking when I initiate recovery close to the ground as it seems about to slam into the ground when it flips / loops upright. Therefore, a good climbout before recovery will be safer.

How do I set inverted climb out to a higher altitude before it recovers right side up?

Post subject: Re: Rescue question?
PostPosted: Mon 17. Feb 2020 10:39:29 
Site Admin

Hello,

the problem might be very likely in the swashplate settings.

It is important that when you enter Servovs/Subtrim (tunjing) menu all servos will be at the center and at the same time swashplate is leveled and at the same time there is 0° between main blades. Could you verify this is true?

PostPosted: Mon 17. Feb 2020 13:30:04 

John tan wrote:
In normal rescue mode, when I hit rescue when the heli is inverted, it does not climb out but merely hovers at the same altitude before recovering. I find this to be rather nerve wrecking when I initiate recovery close to the ground as it seems about to slam into the ground when it flips / loops upright. Therefore, a good climbout before recovery will be safer.

How do I set inverted climb out to a higher altitude before it recovers right side up?

Check your Acro Delay setting in the Stabi menu. By increasing this setting the model will climb longer before the flip to upright.

PostPosted: Mon 17. Feb 2020 13:33:46 
Site Admin

Yes, in order so that heli will ascend first set Acro Delay. This will ensure helicopter will climb and then flip and then climb again.

PostPosted: Mon 17. Feb 2020 17:36:58 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

the problem might be very likely in the swashplate settings.

It is important that when you enter Servovs/Subtrim (tunjing) menu all servos will be at the center and at the same time swashplate is leveled and at the same time there is 0° between main blades. Could you verify this is true?

Just double checked. All servos already centered, swash levelled, blades @ 0°

My rescue settings are here:
https://ibb.co/StLjMWS

PostPosted: Mon 17. Feb 2020 17:43:29 

LogoX2 wrote:
John tan wrote:

Check your Acro Delay setting in the Stabi menu. By increasing this setting the model will climb longer before the flip to upright.

Yes I have. I set it to 1 sec. When I hit rescue, it merely hovers inverted for 1 sec before flipping upright.

PostPosted: Mon 17. Feb 2020 20:58:16 

John tan wrote:
LogoX2 wrote:
John tan wrote:

Yes I have. I set it to 1 sec. When I hit rescue, it merely hovers inverted for 1 sec before flipping upright.

Verify its 1s and not .1s also what is your Rescue Collective setting ?

PostPosted: Mon 17. Feb 2020 22:05:19 

Can you attach a pitch gauge (blades out to the side, not in line with the boom), check that collective pitch is zero at mid stick,

Check +- pitch is equal at max / min stick. What is max / min pitch at max/min stick?

Check pitch is zero at mid stick in the diagnostic tab.

Check servo travel is zero at max/min stick in servo->servo travel correction->setup.

Check Limits(tab)->collective pitch is a sensible value (e.g. 160 - 180)

Then set the mid stick and the pitch gauge will be zero.

Hit rescue - What is the collective pitch on the pitch gauge with rescue enabled?

Upload your 4ds setting file as an attachment to your post on this forum.

PostPosted: Tue 18. Feb 2020 22:50:20 

jjuk wrote:
Can you attach a pitch gauge (blades out to the side, not in line with the boom), check that collective pitch is zero at mid stick,

Yes. Collective pitch is zero at mid stick with blades out to the sides.

jjuk wrote:
Check +- pitch is equal at max / min stick. What is max / min pitch at max/min stick?

Yes, both max and min equal +12° - 12°

jjuk wrote:
Check pitch is zero at mid stick in the diagnostic tab.

Yes. Pitch is zero.

jjuk wrote:
Check servo travel is zero at max/min stick in servo->servo travel correction->setup.

Yes. Servo travel is at zero.

jjuk wrote:
Check Limits(tab)->collective pitch is a sensible value (e.g. 160 - 180)

about 100-120

jjuk wrote:
Then set the mid stick and the pitch gauge will be zero.

Done.

jjuk wrote:
Hit rescue - What is the collective pitch on the pitch gauge with rescue enabled?

About 10.5°

jjuk wrote:
Upload your 4ds setting file as an attachment to your post on this forum.

Attached

Attachments:
19 Feb 2020 -.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 14 times

PostPosted: Wed 19. Feb 2020 14:05:01 

Cyclic ring looks low at 5 degrees, what heli is it?
Don't think that would affect a rescue climb though? Try increasing this to 9-10 degrees, make sure the servos are not binding at max/min pitch as you adjust it.

Also, in a skids down hover, hit rescue. Does it climb?

You've measured 10.5 degrees of positive pitch in rescue, so it should be very capable of climbing, unless your motor slows down/boggs out significantly etc at the same time?

Quote:
Stabi -> Rescue collective pitch 47% (0% <-> -10%)

I'm hoping that's a bug in the 4ds viewer, maybe someone from spirit can comment on that....
You measured +10.5 in rescue out of +12 so that's about 88%, as you stated it was 80% so I think the 4ds viewer is wrong.

Quote:
Servo Travel Correction
Servo Travel Correction -> Pitch (CH1) -> Maximum 14 (-64 <-> 64)
Servo Travel Correction -> Elevator (CH2) -> Maximum 4 (-64 <-> 64)
Servo Travel Correction -> Aileron (CH3) -> Maximum 2 (-64 <-> 64)
Servo Travel Correction -> Pitch (CH1) -> Minimum -5 (64 <-> -64)
Servo Travel Correction -> Elevator (CH2) -> Minimum -30 (64 <-> -64)
Servo Travel Correction -> Aileron (CH3) -> Minimum -5 (64 <-> -64)

Can you get these to closer to zero by adjusting the link lengths with a swash leveller, are they required? That's quite a lot of correction.