It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 7:56:58

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 16. Feb 2020 18:49:30 

Hi Andy,
I think you might need to est up the telemetry page(s) with the 'auto configurator' at the top of the first telemetry page, then go thro' what you want to log down the menu, ie. RPM, ESC, Flight pack volts etc setting the values as you go. Remember, the instantaneous current and consumed current will not show on the bench without blades as the value is too low.
Regarding the two satellites and 4649T setup, as the Spirit2 has two native satellite ports the same as the Spirit pro, you should be able to make your setup work just fine, as I said in the original post above, make sure you do not connect to the pin marked N/C on the 4649T if you are using the sat extension lead !
I can't remember right now whether I get signal strength reported to the Tx for each sat, however. If you download a free program called 'spektrum telemetry log viewer' you can log your values during flight ( saving to the micro SD card in the TX) eject the card when you get home and then play it on your Pc or laptop using the viewer mentioned this will give you the data you need, and more, throughout the flights made.
As far as I know, the value marked 'throttle output' is actually a measurement of vibration, the actual motor power and other values you wanted are there in the log viewer too.

Sorry for the rather dis-jointed reply, I hope you are successful in getting it to report what you want.
Kind regards
Steve E

PostPosted: Sun 16. Feb 2020 20:54:52 

As ever, Steve, many thanks for the response and answers to my questions.

I did use the telemetry auto-configurator a few times along the way, removing everything to a 'clean slate' then bringing-in the telemetry ('6 packets' in my case) to verify what was actually being passed through. I hadn't realised the motor current won't show with blades off so I'll wait until at the field to get this, so thanks for letting me know - I could have spent another week trying to figure it out on the kitchen table! Likewise the RF signal monitoring; I'll use that program after flying to check.

So with your help, I reckon I'm just about ready to fly this thing! If Dennis would just ****** off and leave us with a few dry calm days, that is....

Cheers

Andy