It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 21:29:57

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 09. Dec 2019 15:38:18 

I am current setting up a Spirit Pro/Geolink with a DX8 on a TREX600 Nitro. I cannot figure out how to assign all the functions I need with an 8 channel transmitter. Here is my current configuration:
- using all 7 transmitter channels for the basic setup with channel 7 assigned to bank switch
- using transmitter channel 8 to enable/disable Stabi mode with a 2 position switch
- bank 0 setup for Horizon Mode on 3 position switch(position 0) controlling channel 7
- bank 1 setup for Rescue Mode on same 3 position switch(position 1) controlling channel 7
- I want bank 2 to select Return to Home on same 3 position switch(position 2) controlling channel 7
but the Spirit Setting software will not allow me to do this. Since I have used up all my transmitter channels,
how to I select Return to Home without another transmitter channel?

Thanks
Don

PostPosted: Mon 09. Dec 2019 17:38:05 

you could free up channel 5 by putting your tail gyro setting directly in the Spirit unit instead of TX then assign a geolink function to channel 5
Other than that you need new TX

PostPosted: Tue 10. Dec 2019 15:25:14 

Yes, that is what I determined, so I had a Spektrum IX12 and began to re-setup the Spirit Pro
on this transmitter. Well, while setting up everything, the Spirit Settings software hung up and I had
to kill it from my PC and power cycle the Spirit Pro. After powerup, now I cannot get the Spirit Pro to
connect to the Geolink. I also noticed the Spirit Pro serial number is ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-1 which is not what it
used to be. And finally, the Spirit Pro is not performing any gyro corrections when I tilt the heli.
It does talk to the transmitter and the servos move correctly when commanded from the transmitter.
Seems like something happened to the Spirit Pro when I powercycled? I tried just about everything but
no fixes.
I tried reflashing the firmware(2.7.1) which went ok, but it did not correct any of the issues.
What should I do?

Tomas: I sent you several personal emails about this. Can you respond to the them?

Thanks
Don

PostPosted: Tue 10. Dec 2019 21:13:53 
Site Admin

Hello,

reply was sent to your email.
I believe it will be sorted easily.