It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 1:59:47

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 19. Dec 2015 16:15:21 

Ive tried what I could and cant seem to get the tail kick out of my G380 when applying pitch pumps and I have some bounce back on both ends of the tail stops. It has a DS5005HV w 3 to 4 degrees against torque at neutral, servo arm at 90, pitch arm at 90, have piro consistency at 185 & tail gain at 74 and rudder delay at 2, and revomix at 5. Is there something I can change to get it working better without using so much revomix. With the setup I have now I dont see very much if any real kick but I feel that im using alot of revomix. So...

1. Whats the recommended rudder delay and piro consistancy for the DS5005HV?

2. Can anyone make any other setting changes that I could make to get the tail a bit more locked in and to get the bounce backs eliminated?

I believe I have my tail gain already as high as I can get it without any issues at fff or full collective climbs and full alieron rolls. At 76 tail gain I get a very slight wag sound as I do full coll. climbs so 74 seems perfect.

PostPosted: Sat 19. Dec 2015 20:01:57 
Site Admin

I recommend to set Piro Consistency of 170 and Rudder Delay 0.
If it will not work too well, I think that the problem is mechanical.

Very often, new Goblin kits needs to be "conditioned", especially rudder mechanics which may be too tight.
You have to make sure, that everything in the tail is very smooth, including push rods/ball joints.
Even very small additional force from ball linkages can make the peformance significantly worse.

Mostly it will start to work on its own after couple of flights.

I do not recommend using Revomix at all. It should work really well without revomix. If it is bad, then it is definitively in the mechanics. But as I said, it is relatively normal with Goblins and soon it will be fine.

PostPosted: Sat 19. Dec 2015 20:15:54 

Ok ill give it a go... thanks!

PostPosted: Mon 21. Dec 2015 20:55:05 

I think ive figured part of my problem out. One of which is my headspeed to tail ratio is a bit low. I have the stock tail, 21t, on the tail and running right at 3000. When I bump the headspeed up a lil bit to around 3100 the tail holds much better. I still need some revomix but its a lil less that where it was at before. I also got the tail showing a gap of 19 to 20mm when subtrimmed is checked so that equals out to almost 4 degrees against the torque. Piro consistency is still around 180/185 but the tail seems alot more locked in like this. Ill eventually throw the 20t pulley on the tail but for now its better. Thanks Tomas!