It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 16:13:10

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 11. Apr 2020 18:33:31 

Hi,

I want to change from standard to telemetry incl. GeoLink and have now a problem with the wiring.

How does it getting work?

Old situation (no telemetry, no GeoLink)
Spektrum iX12
Sprit Pro on Goblin 500 Sport and Hobbywing pro 100v3.
Spirit Pro wiring:
2 Spektrum satellites on primary and secondary port
Sys: empty
Channel 0: empty
Channel 1: Servo1
Channel 2: Servo2
Channel 3: Servo3
Channel 4: Rudder Servo
Aux2: BEC Output Cable (Red/Brown) HobbyWing Pro 100Av3
Aux1: Throttle Signal Cable (White/Red/Black) HobbyWing pro 100v3
Rud: OptiPower Backup Guard
Ele/Pit/Ail: empty

New situation -> Not enough Ports!
Spektrum iX12
Sprit Pro on Goblin 500 Sport, Hobbywing 120v4 with telemetry output, Spektrum SPM4649T telemetry receiver and Spirit GeoLink

Spirit Pro wiring:
Hobbywing telemetry output on primary satellite port
Spirit GeoLink on secondary satellite port
Sys: empty
Channel 0: empty
Channel 1: Servo1
Channel 2: Servo2
Channel 3: Servo3
Channel 4: Rudder Servo
Aux2: BEC Output Cable (Red/Brown) HobbyWing 120Av4
Aux1: Throttle Signal Cable (White/Red/Black) HobbyWing 120Av4
Rud: SPM4649T (Power red/Brown)
Ele/Pit/Ail: SPM4649T Data (orange)

Questions/Problems?!
#1 What‘s with the 2 Spektrum satellites? The Spirit Spektrum Multi Adapter doesn‘t work, because Wiring -> Servo cable: RUD port - Orange wire: AIL Pin are used by SPM4649T

#2 What‘s with the OptiPower Backup Guard? I only can use channel 0 -> is this OK?

#3 What‘s with the RPM Signal Wire(Yellow) from the HobbyWing 120Av4? I have the Spirit Telem UNI cable, but no port!

Any idea or tips?
What do i have to change or where i should use a Y-cable?

PostPosted: Thu 28. May 2020 6:27:37 

You won't be able to use two satellites plus the 4649t when running every single possible accessory. You will be able to run one satellite and the 4649t which will work just fine, this is just like running a dual sat setup since the 4649t is a receiver as well.

CH0 is fine for the optiguard.

You should be able to get all connectivity you need with the spektrum mutli cable. https://store.spirit-system.com/en/acce ... multi.html

What you will need to do:

Geolink plugs into the sat port on the side with "SYS". ESC telemetry for HW plugs into the sat port on the ELE/PIT/AIL side.

RPM signal wire from the HW esc still goes into the middle 'pit' pin on ELE/PIT/AIL - this is for if you want to use the spirit governor, and also to be able to have RPM readings for telemetry.

The actual HW telemetry cable plugs into the port on the ESC where the fan would normally plug into. This means you will need to power the fan, if you are running one, from somewhere else (you may need to split power again, somewhere).

4649t signal wire goes into the "AIL' in on ELE/PIT/AIL.

You will need a Y splitter to split power from somewhere if you want the optiguard. Split power from the optiguard port or RUD so that you can power both the 4649T and give the spektrum multi adapter power for the satellite you will be adding. Swap the signal pin from one of the leads on the spektrum multi adapter the servo connector that ends up going into RUD since the signal goes in there.

NOTE: Read the manual for the spektrum mutli adapter. You will still need to use the regular satellite ports for binding the satellites, so the geolink and esc telemetry cables cannot be plugged in during binding. Once bound you can move the satellite to the new place with the adapter cable, and hook up the geolink and esc tele to the original satellite ports.

And there you have it, ESC Telemetry, GEOLINK, one satellite, the 4649t, and the optiguard. While the wiring sounds like a mess, there is a lot of stuff going on there. Imagine that on my nitros I have to split power several times to additionally power my RPM sensor and onboard glow ignitor.